CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cultural Interpretations

Had lunch today with my Chinese friend. I obviously wanted to invite her to my first Pure Romance party coming up on May 9. I haven't known her that long so the conversation went as follows:

Me: Did you get the invite to Angie's party?
F: No
Me: Well, are you offended by sexual things?
F: What, like an orgy!?
Me: No, No (show her catalog) products like these...
F: Well, I don't use this stuff. In China we are very conservative.
Me: Really?
F: Yes but in Japan they would love this stuff. The men have very small penises.
Me: Laughing
F: In China we don't even talk about sex with our girlfriends.
Me: Wow...
F: Yes, especially the single ones. If you talk too much about sex they think you are making fun of them because they aren't getting any.


Have been laughing ever since. Didn't sell her on the products but it was fun trying.

0 comments: